Works closely with the co-chairs of the Patient and Family Advisory Council and the chair/lead of any committees or groups to which the Patient and Family Advisory Council is participating.
The Patient and Family Advisor works in partnership with the hospital staff to support patient centred care* by providing the patient and family perspective across a wide range of policies, processes, patient education materials and communication strategies. Patient and Family Advisors are expected to be objective and balanced in their approach. Patient and Family Advisors serve in an advisory role that will influence hospital decisions. The Patient and Family Advisor will serve on the Patient and Family Advisory Council and may serve on various corporate, strategic or program committees.
*Patient centred care is an approach to planning, delivery and evaluation of health care that is grounded in mutually beneficial partnerships among patients, families and health care providers (Institute for Patient and Family Centered Care, 2010.)
- A passion for enhancing the health care experience for patients and families
- Able to share insights and information about their experiences and constructively help evolve programs, services and hospital priorities
- Good listener
- Respects other’s opinions and perspectives
- Able to share thoughts and opinions in a group setting
- Open to see beyond their own personal experience
- Able to work collaboratively with others
- Able to promote the image and mission of Woodstock Hospital through positive interaction with staff, physicians, volunteers and organizational information
- Interest in gaining an understanding of patient centred care
- Patient and Family Advisors must be a patient or be a family member or caregiver of a patient, who has received care at Woodstock Hospital within the past two years and lives or works in the Oxford County region
- Commitment to the hospital’s mission, vision and values
- Must be able to commit a minimum of two (2) hours bi-monthly.